Hello everyone! It’s Jair from fashionroyaltyblog.wordpress.com, and I’m back to share three awesome fashion trends that will be in this summer. The summer is the perfect time to wear effortless and bold looks, while staying cool and confident. Summer is right around the corner and we are all wondering what are some awesome trends we can indulge in. Well, I am excited to bring you three amazing and easy trends you can sport this summer.
The Slip Dress
The slip dress is a trend that I am totally obsessed with. NYC summers get pretty hot, so wearing a lightweight, beautiful slip dress is the perfect way to keep cool without compromising your style. I also love this style and trend because it goes with the “wear your sexy lingerie outside” trend. However, this is a little more subtle and classic. Styling a slip dress can be very easy. Just like everything else, it comes in different lengths, fabrics, colors and textures. It’s all about balancing the delicate fabric of the garment with other textures and/or patterns. In this look I went to a personal street style look. This TOPSHOP black slip dress is made out of a light fabric, so keeping that in mind I wanted to accessorize lightly and bring some other textures and color into the look. I paired this look with a pair of Jeffrey Campbell Vacay flatforms, a bright patterned Loeffler Randall lock clutch (also a trend for the summer), a pair of black Celine Thin Mary sunnies, and delicate jewelry from EFFY and ASOS. To complete the look I wanted to bring more color in by adding a bright orange lip.
Shop the look:
1. TOPSHOP Petite Strap Black Slip Dress, $68, TOPSHOP.com
2. Jeffrey Campbell Vacay Flatform, $155, Nastygal.com
3. Loeffler Randall Lock Clutch, $295, couture.zappos.com
4. Celine Thin Mary Sunglasses, $444, lindelepalais.com
5. Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick, $27, lordandtaylor.com
6. ASOS Pack of 3 Arrow Midi Rings, $9.53, ASOS.com
7. EFFY Bouquet 14Kt. White Gold & Diamond Stud Earrings, $600, lordandtaylor.com
All White & Wide-Legged Trousers
I love the wide-legged trouser trend because it reminds me of old Hollywood. There’s this glamour and timeless aspect to the look that I love. For this look, I decided to combine two summer trends– wide-legged trousers and all white. I mean, who doesn’t love to wear all white in the summer? Exactly! Anyway, wide-legged trousers need to be styled according to your body shape. I love to wear these trousers with a tight-fitting cropped top. Pairing a voluminous bottom with a fitting top shows off your figure without baring too much skin. In this look, I wanted to balance the all white with some elements of nude and a hint of color. Obviously the star of the look is the amazing 3.1 Phillip Lim white, cuffed wide-legged pant. For the top, I added a beautiful white leather Daytona Rag & Bone cropped halter-top. To add a splash of color, I loved the minimal look of this lime green Carven Dual tote. To tie the remainder of this look together, I added some nude, Tom Ford Angelina sunnies, and nude Michael Kors Doris sandals.
Shop the look:
1. Rag & Bone Daytona Cropped Leather Halterneck Top, $450, net-a-porter.com
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Wide Legged Cuffed Pant, $395,beckleyboutique.com
3. Tom Ford Angelina Squared Cat-Eye Sunglasses, $380, neimanmarcus.com
4. Carven Dual Tote, $485, monnierfreres.co.uk
5. Michael Kors Collection Doris, $395, couture.zappos.com
Another trend that will be in every summer are bright, bold patterns. As a person who loves to wear black, it’s always great to pair those looks with a piece that adds life and dimension. Embracing bold prints can be unbelievably easy. You can decide to do a whole look in a bold pattern or pick a statement piece. In this look, I kept it simple and allowed the shorts to be the “star” piece of this look. These beautiful floral print Alice+Olivia shorts are unbelievable! The thick waistband allows your natural waist shape to be accentuated. To keep the shorts as the statement piece, I decided to pair it with a basic, yet elegant, black Monki Luana singlet. For some more color, I added a red lip and nails. This would look amazing with the red detail in the shorts. To complete the look, I added a black Dr. Martens bag and a pair of black t-strap sandals by Common Projects.
Shop the look:
1. Monki Luana Singlet, $34, monki.com
2. Alice+Olivia Floral Print Shorts, $342, farfetch.com
3. Nars Lipstick, $26, lordandtaylor.com
4. Nars Nail Polish Jungle Red, $25, johnlewis.com
5. Dr. Martens Bag, $230, gravitypope.com
6. Common Projects T-Strap Sandal Shoes, $430, gravitypope.com
I hope these looks have inspired you to go out and embrace these summer trends! To show me your looks, use the hashtag #fashionroyaltyblog on Instagram and Twitter!
Until next time,
What summer trends are you excited to try? Comment below!